Here are two categories of software:
- C/C++/shell/perl/python/... programs to
- run the Glass Cockpit
- talk to the hardware (MCP, other panels in the cockpit)
- to hook it all up to flightgear,...
- PIC assembly code for the microcontrollers (firmware)
If you are interested in porting some of our software, please contact me (Manuel). Contact info here
Overview over the software used and what's being developed or planned
- everything is free software, usually GPL or LGPL
- free for BOTH commercial and non-commerical use
- source code is available so you can change thing, correct bugs, customize, ...
- eg. something is 747 specific, but you fly a 737 or even an Atari ... errr.. Airbus, I mean.
- there's no company that can disappear that would result in the disapperance of a particular product
- usually it is not too hard to port to a different platform (both processor and OS).
- a suite of Glass Cockpit Displays (PFD, ND, EICAS, CDU)
- more about that on the x11gc pages
- there will possibly be some software that simulates some of the logic of the plane's systems
- right now, this is more an idea than anything... I have started some C++ class declarations based on these ideas
- eg.: reverser lockout if throttles are not retarded, GPWS altitude callouts on descent, flaps won't extend without hydraulics (allows simulation of failures; allows also to model the electrical alternate flap motors)
- logic is read in from config files, which allows to create configs for different plane types